Our Privacy Promise
How does LDC collect your personal information?
We may collect your personal information through some of the following ways:
- When you register on londondesignerscollective.com (the “Website”).
- When you contact LDC by telephone or email.
- When you register or use LDC’ in-store personal shopping services.
- When you enter any prize draws or competitions run by LDC.
- When completing any surveys that we send to you for research purposes (although you are under no obligation to complete these).
- When completing any forms for transactional, employment or other purposes.
What sort of personal information will LDC collect about you?
In addition to personal details such as your name and email, LDC may also collect some of the following personal information about you:
- Details of transactions you make from LDC (whether in-store or via links to our brand pages).
- Details of your shopping preferences, such as your favourite brands and products, as well as which of our stores you prefer or have shopped in.
- Details of your visits to the Website and the resources that you access.
- Details of when you contact LDC by email, post or telephone. Please note that we my keep a record of that correspondence.
- Any other information from which we can identify you (or which is available on public registers).
What does LDC use your personal information for?
We will treat all your personal information as private and confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in certain circumstances, as set out below).
We confirm that any personal information which you provide to us will be held securely and in accordance with the registration that we have with the Data Commissioner’s Office. We will use and process your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, as amended from time to time, as well as any other relevant data protection or privacy legislation. The types of uses we will make of your personal information shall include the following:
- Process any orders that you make via the Website or in-store (please note that your details may need to be passed to a third party in order for them to supply or deliver the product or service that you ordered and we may retain your details for a reasonable period of time after you have completed the transaction in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees etc).
- Process payments and prevent fraudulent transactions (we may retain your details for these purposes for a reasonable period of time and we may pass your details to a third party to carry out these functions).
- With your consent, retain your personal information, preferences and details of your purchases in order to keep you informed by email, post, mobile messaging, telephone and/or through other digital means including social media platforms, about products and services (including special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on) offered by LDC, as well as recommending those which we feel will be of particular interest to you. Please note that this may involve passing your details to carefully selected third parties who may inform you about their products or services which may be of interest to you.
- Register you on the Website or via one of our in-store services and where this involves setting you up with an account, we will use your personal information to maintain and update your account (e.g. such as a change of address or change in your push notification preferences).
- Improve the content and appearance of the Website or in-store, to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you.
- Assess and process your job application (we may retain a record of your information for a reasonable period of time following the end of our recruitment selection process for administration purposes).
- Administer any prize draws or competitions run by LDC. Please refer to the specific terms & conditions for each prize draw or competition.
- Carry out assessment and analysis (for example market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the products or services which we offer.
- Comply with our legal obligations
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information or any other information we obtain about you, we are entitled do so.
In circumstances where you contact us by telephone, calls may be recorded for quality, training and security purposes. Calls may also be monitored without your consent for the following circumstances: to provide evidence of a business transaction; to prevent or detect a crime; to investigate the unauthorised use of a telecom system; to ensure that a business complies with regulatory procedures; to see that quality standards or targets are being met; in the interests of national security; and to secure the effective operation of the telecom system.
We will not keep your personal information processed by us for any purpose or purposes for longer than is necessary for that purpose or for those purposes. Under data protection legislation you have the right to access information held about you.
Enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of LDC, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. We may also disclose your personal information to carefully-selected and monitored third parties who are engaged to help us run, manage and improve the quality of the products and services that LDC offer, as well as for marketing and fraud and credit checking purposes. We require all the third parties that we interact with to treat your personal information as carefully and confidentially as we do.
How can I unsubscribe?
If at any point you no longer wish us to hold your personal information or you do not wish to receive information from us then there are a number of ways you can unsubscribe. These are as follows:
- You can click onto the “unsubscribe” link in any communication that we send to you by email which will automatically unsubscribe you from that type of communication.
- Contact us directly by email.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and LDC does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal details to these websites.
For any questions regarding this policy, please contact us email@example.com